Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
3 tbs butter
2 1/2 cups potatoes, small dice
3/4 cup onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch black pepper
1 1/2 cups corned venison, chopped
Hot sauce (optional)
Make your corned venison well in advance and vacuum-pack for the trip to the woods. For less mess in camp, chop potatoes, onion, garlic and bell pepper, freeze and vacuum-pack as well. The frozen packages will reduce the need for ice, and pre-chopping at home will give you more time to do fun stuff, or just relax, at camp.
1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
3. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in corned venison and heat to serving temperature.
6. Scoot hash over to one side of the skillet, add eggs and cook to desired doneness (or prepare eggs in a separate skillet).
7. Top hash with eggs and a splash or two of hot sauce, if desired.