Everyone is into simplicity these days, and for good reason! There are fish to catch, deer to chase, mountains to climb so we can’t be trapped in a kitchen all day. Three different kebabs and all you have to do is throw the ingredients into ziplock bags and go!
Recipe Ingredients for Steak, Chicken and Shrimp Kebabs
Steak & Mushroom Kebabs
- 1/4 C Salt
- 1lb Steak - 1" Cubes
- 10-15 Mushrooms - Small (or med cut in half)
- 10-15 Grape Tomatos
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs
- 1lb Chicken
- 1 Cup Pineapple - 1" Chunks
- 1 Cup Bell Pepper - 1" Chunks
- 1/2 Onion - 1" Chunks
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Choppped
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
Garlic Shrimp Kebabs
- 1lb Shrimp
- 1/2 lb Aspaagus - 2" Secions (thicker the better)
- 10-15 Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Lemon - 1/2" Chunks
- 4 Garlic Cloves - Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Parsley - Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients for each type of kebab in separate gallon ziplock bags. Let them marinate for at least 30 minutes but preferably 4 hours to overnight to maximize flavor.
2. A half-hour before you start to build your kebabs, you’ll want to soak about twenty 12” wood skewers in some warm water. This will prevent the skewers from burning during cooking.
3. Get a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Start building your kebabs by alternating between each ingredient until they are all used up. Usually you can fit 2-3 pieces of protein on each skewer as a reference. Reserve the marinating liquid into separate bowls to use for basting on the grill.
TIP: Trying to put skinny asparagus on those skewers was a real pain! They kept snapping in half. If you cannot find asparagus with ½” diameter, try substituting in some snap peas, which will be a lot easier to skewer.
4. Once all your skewers are done, head to the grill and turn one side to medium-high heat, and the other to high heat.
5. Start by cooking the teriyaki chicken kebabs over the medium-high heat side. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and base them with the reserved marinade.
6. Add the steak & mushroom kebabs to the high-heat side of the grill. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it starts to char. Flip and base the steak with the reserved marinade. Flip and base the chicken kebabs at this time as well.
7. Cook the steak for 3-5 minutes on the second side and once it looks charred, remove from the grill. Clean the grill off where the steak kebabs were.
8. Flip the chicken kebabs again.
9. Add on the garlic shrimp kebabs. Cook for 3 minutes, flip and based with the reserved marinade. Cook an additional 3 minutes.
10. Remove the shrimp and chicken kebabs. Keep all kebabs warm in a warm oven until time to serve. Enjoy!
Click here to print or download steak, chicken & shrimp kebab recipes
Recipe by: POWDERHOOK