Fruit roll ups are a fun, healthy snack that’s great for packing on camping trips, fishing, hunting and sending in school lunches. If you’ve got a dehydrator and a blender, you’re basically all set. Select your favorite type of fruit, or mix and match multiple fruits for unique treats.
We’re using 1 quart of strawberries for these fruit roll ups, but you can always add a banana or other fruits to suit your tastes. Have fun and experiment with this recipe.
- 1 quart washed and cored strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice from ½ lime
- Your favorite Cabela’s fruit seasoning to taste
1. Puree your fruit, honey and lime juice in a blender
2. Add Cabela’s fruit seasoning, sugar or spices to taste – the puree should be thick in consistency
3. Line your dehydrator tray with wax paper
4. Pour the puree onto the wax paper – the puree should be thinner at the center of the tray
5. Slide dehydrator trays into your dehydrator and set the dehydrator to high
6. Dehydrate 4 to 6 hours until roll ups are shiny and no longer sticky to touch
7. Slice into strips, either with the wax paper or without, and roll them