- Cabela's Pro Series 36" Wi-Fi Pellet Grill
- Sauce Brush
- Meat Probe—included with Cabela's Pellet Grill
- Beer can chicken mount
- Whole chicken (you make as many beer can chickens as can fit on your grill... just repeat the recipe) in the range of 3-5 pounds
- Cabela's Seasoning: Tequila Lime Blend, Pecan Honey or SPG
- Olive Oil
- Beer in the can (your favorite lager will work just fine)
- Cabela's Competition Barbecue Sauce, St. Louis Style
Pro tip: if you plan to make multiple beer can chickens, select birds that are roughly the same size. This way they will cook in the same amount of time.
Preferred Pellet Options:
- Remove whole chicken from bag. Pat dry.
- Pour olive oil onto chicken, coating its skin.
- Liberally apply rub. Coat the chicken's body. Insert meat probe into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Place chicken on top of open beer can. Can should be 3/4 full.
- Insert meat probe into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Preheat grill to 325 with lid closed. Allow 15 or 20 minutes for grill to come to temperature.
- Place beer can chicken onto grate, sitting upright so as not to spill the beer. Close lid and allow to cook for an hour.
- After an hour, brush apply barbeque sauce to chicken with your brush.
- Close lid and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. This will likely take around a half hour, though the exact timing will depend on the size of your bird.
- Once it reaches 165, remove from grill and take chicken off of the beer can. Allow to rest.
- Carve and enjoy!