As exciting as wild turkeys are to hunt, they're just as delicious on the dinner table, if you know how to handle the meat. Unlike store-bought turkeys, which are bred to be fat, wild turkey meat has a tendency to get dry and tough when subjected to heat, particularly the dry heat of roasting or grilling. Marinades help, but don't really add a lot of moisture to meat like you might think.
Cook With Cabela's Recipes
Articles and recipe PDF's for Cook With Cabela's
3 Easy Ingredients for Grilled Beef Brisket
Enjoy this Beef Brisket with Cabela's Open Season BBQ Sauce and Competition Blend Pellets
Beef Brisket Recipe Ingredients:
- Competition Blend Pellets
- 1 Cup Cabela's Competition BBQ Rub
- Beef Brisket
1. Add Cabela’s Competition Blend Pellets to you pellet grill.
2. Adjust the heat on the display to 225 degrees.
Cook up Some Corn on the Cob Quick With a Little Help From the Cabela's Pellet Grill!
Recipe Ingredients for Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 2 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP cilantro
- Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Fill hopper with Cabela's BBQ Wood Pellets
2. Preheat grill to 450F
Try This Unique Cooking Style on Your Next Venison Roast
Recipe Ingredients for Venison Roast
- Your choice of venison, 2-5 lbs
- Olive oil
- Cabela's Open Season All Purpose Seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
2. As the oven heats, coat the roast all over with olive oil and your favorite wild-game spices; or keep it simple with a paste of salt, pepper, minced garlic and a little olive oil.
Everyone claims that they can make a steak better than the nicest steakhouse in your town, you’ve probably heard it 100 times. But what can actually set your steak apart from the local chop house or your annoying neighbor Dan? Having three different slabs of flavored butter ready for your guests to choose from!
Try these Curry Chicken Gyros once in camp, and it will become a staple for every trip.
Get the Most Out of Your Grilled or Smoked Dishes
You’re probably well aware of your favorite food and drink pairings, but what about wood-smoke pairings? Just the way peanut butter is outstanding with chocolate but terrible with sour cream, certain foods are better with some smoke flavors than others. Get the most out of your grilled or smoked dishes by knowing which foods are enhanced by each of the three categories of smoke.
With the exception of size, most ungulates (hoofed animals) have extremely similar builds. For instance, below is a skinned fallow deer. It looks and breaks down the same as skinned animals that are much larger than it.
Don't let the name fool you, this quick and easy way to make delicious, citrus-flavored fish works as well on the grill as it does over a campfire.
Recipe Ingredients for Campfire Fish
- 1 lb fillets of fresh, white-fleshed fish such as perch walleye or bass
- Cabela's Tequila Lime seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Chives, diced
- 1 stick butter, cut into thin pats
- Orange juice