S&W .40

Went shooting today with some guys from work and tried out their .40 cals
Both were S&W (Shield & MP) in .40.
The full size MP fit my hand perfectly and shot nice and smooth , the Shield had much more movement in my hand (very noticeably with the standard mag , the extended mag was better) and was a bear to control . Had to really focus on follow up shots. Only shot a couple of mags in each so not much of a test .
Favorable impression for both of them.
Thank you received: 69
User

I have the SW SD40, i didn't care for the trigger. long pull, and couldn't tell when it was going to break, It was like....SURPRISE....BANG. every time. And yes, it's a handfull..quick follow up shots for me, i was lucky to hit paper....I think the shield, and MP are a little higher end than the SD, so they might have a better trigger..? But i do like its simplicity and easy to take down for cleaning ( almost identical to a glock ). and it does fit my hand good. I guess i just dont care much for striker fired pistols. For CC i like an external safety, and a de-cocker...but thats just me.... 😃
Thank you received: 0
User

Went shooting today with some guys from work and tried out their .40 cals
Both were S&W (Shield & MP) in .40.
The full size MP fit my hand perfectly and shot nice and smooth , the Shield had much more movement in my hand (very noticeably with the standard mag , the extended mag was better) and was a bear to control . Had to really focus on follow up shots. Only shot a couple of mags in each so not much of a test .
Favorable impression for both of them.

Bassfanatic

I have an M&P 40 and like the fact that it comes with extra different size
grips. found the one that fits right feels good in my hand