Advice Needed!!!

I have recently acquired a new Sig compact 9mm for my primary CCW and for some reason I can't shoot it worth a C R A P LoL

My wife can shoot it well and shoot lights out with her Sig 380. I can shoot my full sized 45 quite well so I don't understand why I can't shoot the smaller pistol.

Any advice? I try to be aware of not milking it when I shoot, but I just cant seem to figure it out 🤔
Thank you received: 24

Could it be you're just not accustomed to a different trigger /action? Maybe a simple as more range time........
Where are the rounds going is there any consistency in the placement or are you all over the place ........

Could it be a jerky trigger finger or anticipating the shot.....you could try to add some dummy rounds in the mag which will give visual as to what the gun is doing (IE - if it's rock steady your pull is good or if you have some movement it could be a jerk or finger position). I been meaning to try this as I'm usually slightly right & down.
Good idea to reduce the distance too.
Thank you received: 69
User

That gun likes your Wife...just give it to her...problem solved....LOL. Just kidding, but since it shoots good for her, that eliminates the possibility that there is a problem with the gun, or the ammo. Try this target at 20ft...Alot of people like to use it at the range i work at when shooting a new gun for the first time, they all fit your hand, and land on your trigger finger differently. This target will usually find the problem in 1 box of shells.....But sometimes you just cant make friends with a certain gun....I really wanted to like Glock's..I really tried to like Glock's...They just dont like me....Something to do with the grip angle i think.
target-correction_right.gif

User

But sometimes the more advice you get, and the more you concentrate on fixing the problem...the worser it gets.. Like when i was trying to make the golf team in High School....The Coach tried his best to help me.....Lock your elbow, pivot at the waist, tilt your head, spread your feet, square to the ball,bla, bla, bla, bla.... After a while he said, never mind all that....just hit the dang ball...LOL.......Just shoot the dang gun...... 😃
User

The ones we have are 12in x 12in, with a 6in center. but they do have different sizes. And we have a different one for rapid fire (3 rnd burst ).....I think that Colt would look good on you......... 😃
User

This is my target from last week. 100rnds at 15 yards with my 9mm ruger. Ithink i need to drift my rear sight just a pube to the Right...The ones to the outside are rapid fire rounds...I still need alot of practice with that....
jessrange.jpg

The dummy rounds idea is cool though I'm thinking to see if I can figure a way to record what I'm doing when I fire... I have a another 3 day weekend coming up and plan on slinging some lead!!

LarryDePayne

I seen this on 1 of the Monday gun shows on the sportsman channel and thought it was great demonstration.
Just load your mag with your eyes closed 😃