1st Failure

Went to the range today and had my first failure on my Beretta P4 Storm.Gun is just over a year old and has about 1500+ rounds threw it.
Would not cycle rounds consistently, slide would lock just about on every shot. A few time it would shoot 2-3 rounds but then lock again. Tried different mags& ammo....
to add insult to injury I lost the spring on the slide release when checking it. Cleaned it a couple of weeks ago and wondering if jacked something up.
Any thoughts

I had a free professional cleaning with the purchase so I'll be dropping it off this weekend.
Thank you received: 4

Same ammo? I've seen in the past that some ammo just doesn't seem to work especially well in certain pistols. I'm no expert but I would think the cleaning you do should be good enough to avoid what you have going on. Maybe the spring has weakened for some reason. I'm sure there are wiser heads on this forum that could advise you much better than I. Good luck with that, I would hate to have doubts about my CCW.
Thank you received: 24

The slide is locking , no problem feeding rounds or ejecting. Don't think it was the ammo either. I started with 2 loaded mags from my last range visit , opened up a new box and even tried the ammo my friend was using and it did it regardless of which ammo. I'm thinking it might be the slide release spring, when I cleaned it last it came out and I might have not had it seated correctly or fully. The gun is only 13 months old so I'm thinking it has newer /improved return spring. But I'll check out that link.
I have the free professional cleaning so I'll drop it off tomorrow .Thanks
Thank you received: 69
User

If thats not it...and a pro clean / lube / re-assembly dosent help, just call Beretta...They have excellent customer service...will fix you right up... 😃

Dropped it off Saturday good news is under warranty bad news they are sending it to Beretta.
best case about a month if they aren't too backed up 😔

5 Months - that's crazy. I'm not too worried about the reliability I'm almost positive it was my fault IE not having the spring seated correctly. You are right though I will have to give it a good workout to gain that comfort back.
Would love to buy another but no room in the budget , been working hard to convince the wife that the truck needs to be replaced.

Got the call today that my gun is back from Beretta , very please it only took 2 weeks 😄
I'll pick it up tomorrow and hit the range Monday or Tuesday.
Thank you received: 69
User

Thats awesome..great pic..i hope she had a good time...Like to see more ladies at the range... 😃