SD / HD Handgun caliber....?

Out of the following 9mm / .40SW / .45ACP, which is your pick for a SD / HD caliber, and why...? This subject has been beat to death on other gun forums, but never mentioned here...Just like to know what you guys think....

Out of the following 9mm / .40SW / .45ACP, which is your pick for a SD / HD caliber, and why...? This subject has been beat to death on other gun forums, but never mentioned here...Just like to know what you guys think....

Jessica

Well this isn't going to come as a shock.....I like all three because all have their advantages and disadvantages in a multitude of platforms and frame sizes.

*Pats S&W Governor* but I tend to like a .45 revolver that can use .410 the best 😃
Thank you received: 24

I would say the biggest caliber you can shoot effectively.
To me .45 ACP is just plain overkill and has too much recoil for follow up shots.
My choice would be a 9 MM using high quality defensive rounds.Love that I can load 17 rounds in a small/compact framed gun.
Case in point do you never know when you will need those extra rounds in a critical situation, read This.
Thank you received: 4

I too have a large frame .45 that I love but it's not really concealable. I counter the low mag capacity by carrying 2 extra mags but keeping my pants up becomes a challenge LoL I like both the 40SW and 9mm but since acquiring my 9mm Sig that's all I carry.

Like someone said, it's mainly a matter of personal preference and mine changes from time to time, depending on how often I can sneak off to the gun shop 😃
Thank you received: 2
User

Self defense and home defense encounters usually (but not always) involve close range fights at distances ranging from inches apart to barely 8 yards.

That's why I like to have a .45 caliber revolver that can accept .410 buckshot. I can engage a threat at 20 or so yards (in the event that such is needed) with .45 Colt or .45 acp, and if the fight is at close range I can launch 4- .36 caliber pellets into the threat with one trigger pull which not only gives a better chance for a good hit to vital areas and key structural supports but provides a better chance to hit a moving threat.