Long term storage question...?

I have a few guns that i almost never shoot "safe queens"....just wondering if you guys do anything differently when cleaning/lube, if you know the gun will be in storage for a long period of time...I currently use CLP for regular, and in between maint...then Hopes 9 , and rem oil for full tear downs.
Thank you received: 2
User

If you have a safe with humidity control a standard cleaning should be all that is needed.
Thank you received: 0
User

I personaly do not like CLP, I do not use it. Gun safe Queens , here is what I do. I clean action, oil and grease as normal. BBL , I clean real good, copper remover, good scrubing, and Oil the BBL. Out side ,i like to use Slick 50 for the light coating. Or if no slick 50, Remi oil will do a nice job. I'm old fashion , I don't like to use a CLP or WD40 on any gun's. For the wood stock, I like a furniture past wax, or Pledge. Shotgun's I do pretty much the same, Exept for the copper removal .I have some rifle and shotguns that are 50 yrs old.
Thank you received: 69
User

The main reason i asked is because i have heard people say that CLP left on stainless for a long time in storage will turn it Yellow...Just wondering if anyone has had that happen, or heard the same thing...?