Firearms you want but can't afford/find now.

The one that I can't afford to buy at the moment is an AR-10 pattern rifle (full size), which would be sweet to have (7.62x51 NATO has it's charms) the rifle I can't find in the condition I would like to own is an SKS with original accessories (an SKS isn't the same without a bayonet).

Anybody else want to join in on this?
Thank you received: 69
User

There are a few ....I guess if i could pick just one from a wish list...it would be an original Well Fargo Winchester. I really like the Wild West era guns. dbl brl shotguns, SA revolvers, lever guns, etc. And like to study the people/ towns from then. I'm kind of a history nerd, and think it would be fun to go back in time and be a Saloon Girl for a few days....lol
User

I have owned many SKS rifles, and currently own 2. One is new, still packed in the goo, the other is kind of beat up from bouncing around behind the truck seat. But it shoots good, fun camping gun. They have a short stock, so good gun for the ladies, and they fit kids good too..
User

In my case, i started to slow down a little when it was obvious i needed a second safe...Then i started to look at whats really in there. I use the Mossberg O/U every Wed night (trap night)...I have fun with the Thompson, Marlin, and SA/BP revolvers on Thurs night (primitive night)....I use the P95 9mm every Saturday morning at the range (Fast 15 shoot), plus that is my everyday CC gun. Everything else in there is just a "safe queen" ...lol
User

There are a few ....I guess if i could pick just one from a wish list...it would be an original Well Fargo Winchester. I really like the Wild West era guns. dbl brl shotguns, SA revolvers, lever guns, etc. And like to study the people/ towns from then. I'm kind of a history nerd, and think it would be fun to go back in time and be a Saloon Girl for a few days....lol

Jessica

We're still waiting to see your saloon girl outfit. 😜
Muddawg

You gotta come to one of our primitive shoot nights...lots of Saloon Girls/ Cowgirls there...Chili, Cactus Burgers, Iced tea, and Texas Holdum......You would fit right in.... πŸ˜ƒ
User

Sure...we have lots of Civil War soldiers in the group..North, and South, Wild West, Great Plains era,....It's a fun bunch of black powder nuts.. We have our big "Frontier Days" fundraiser coming up June 7 and 8.....Can't wait...This year we are going to set one of the barns up as a Saloon. (no alcohol... πŸ˜” )... But poker tables. I get to work the bar both days selling snacks, drinks , etc..... πŸ€’

Roger that man.

I'm at the stage now where I think I've got a handle on things and suddenly I have a pawn shop payment receipt in my billfold and another 15-22 on layaway.

Or I find myself on Mossberg's web page looking at the HS410 trying to justify buying it so I can turn it into a better defensive tool after paying off the 15-22.

I think I might need to seek professional help......after I pick up the .22 that is.
User

In my case, i started to slow down a little when it was obvious i needed a second safe...Then i started to look at whats really in there. I use the Mossberg O/U every Wed night (trap night)...I have fun with the Thompson, Marlin, and SA/BP revolvers on Thurs night (primitive night)....I use the P95 9mm every Saturday morning at the range (Fast 15 shoot), plus that is my everyday CC gun. Everything else in there is just a "safe queen" ...lol

Jessica

You do have a very good point Jessica.

And it would be nice to turn Mossberg's gimmick into a piece of equipment that would work as a shotgun should.
pfletch83

Not sure which Mossy your talking about...the Flex..?. My 500s, and Silver Reserve O/U are working just fine.... πŸ˜ƒ
User

Ehh....a 410 wouldnt be my first choice for home security...and not sure what the shot spreader choke thingy does...but it should function as well as any other 500.. This is what i keep beside my bed...If they make it past the dog....were gonna find out how effective a 12ga is on people..up til now i have only used one to break clays...lol Nothing fancy...just a beat up old 500, but its rock solid dependable...ready to go.... πŸ˜ƒ

Image01092013202002_2014-05-04.jpg

Image01092013201909.jpg

User

Lol.....I think this thread was dead anyways.....fun chatting with you...... πŸ˜ƒ
Thank you received: 1
User

Does everyone find it "strange" that when someone brings up using a 410 shotgun with 18.5" barrel for home or personal defense, 99% will say that a 410 shotgun is "Too Small", HOWEVER- at the same time, the same people, when shown a revolver, such as a Judge, Governor, Public Defender, etc., all of which shoot 410 shotgun shells or an old, 45LC cartridge, most of the 99% will say "WOW, That will stop anyone".
Somehow, I am "missing something".
When a 410 is shot from an 18.5" barrel, people will say that is way too small for self protection / defense.
However, hand those SAME PEOPLE a 5 shot revolver chambered for a 410 shell and with a 2" - 3" barrel and they act like it is a #1 man-stopper.
What causes the "Conflicting Opinions" when ANY cartridge is shot from a revolver / pistol compared to a shotgun / rifle?
Another "example" would be the 44 Magnum.
When shooting a 44 Magnum from a "handgun", people are saying "WOW!!!"
Put the same 44 Magnum cartridge in a rifle / carbine and you are told how much a 44 is "under-powered", even though, when shot from a "long gun", the FPS and FPE are higher, thus, making the 44 that much MORE Powerful.
Can anyone explain this "Phenomenon"?

OK, on to the original topic before it turned into something else.
My "wish list" would be- (in no specific order)
Wildey Magnum- 1- 475 Wildey Magnum & 1- 45 Win. Mag.- barrels are interchangeable from 18" down. Owning several would be goodπŸ˜ƒ
LAR Grizzly- 1- 45 Win. Mag, 1 44 Mag. and 1 357 Mag.
Bren Ten- 10mm
AMC Model 180 44AMP (Auto Mag Pistol) (not the later TDC, OMC or High Standard versions)
AMT / IAI Automag II- 22WMR
AMT / IAI Automag III- 30 Carbine
AMT / IAI Automag III- 9mm Win. Mag.
AMT / IAI Automag IV- 45 Win. Mag.
AMT / IAI Automag V- 50AE
FN Five-seveN Tactical model- 5.7 x 28
FN P90 (SMG), but would be happy with the FN PS90 (semi auto) with 50rnd mag- 5.7 x 28
Boberg XR-9- 9mm (same size pistol as a Kahr PM9, However, the XR-9, by design, has a 29% longer barrel, 4.2", which is equal to 25% MOPE POWER from the same 9mm because of it's significantly longer barrel in a pocket size pistol- INGENIOUS!!!
Coonan Arms late model "B"- 8rnds 357 Mag.
Coonan Arms Cadet- 6rnds 357 Mag.
Armi Chiappa "Rhino"- 6 shot 357 Mag. (Awesome design!! It has been around for a while now, but have to wonder, WHY are other companies not doing the same. Imagine, a 357 Mag personal defense pistol without the recoil "jump" such as from any other "conventional revolver". The cylinder is optimized for concealment, the bore axis is lined up with the palm / grip of your hand where you are holding the handgun & prevents "recoil jump", resulting in faster, much faster follow up shots, better accuracy and easier to conceal- all in 1 package!
ALL Colt "Snake Guns" (such as Diamondback, King Cobra, Python, etc.) AND MK III & MK V revolvers.
Dan Wesson Interchangeable barrel Revolvers with case and tools.
AND OF COURSE..., All the custom 1911's you can imagine, from mini 3" barrel 45ACP's to full decked out "race guns"
Yeah, I "only" mentioned 1 rifle and 0 shotguns..., just didn't want to be "greedy" in case someone was buyingπŸ˜ƒ

Now there needs to be a thread about "Guns you had and wished you never sold, LOL!!