11/11/14 Gulf State Park Pier

Fished from 6am to 1 pm.
What a beautiful start!
201411110547.jpg

The air was just a little 'chilly' (in the upper 50s) with a NE breeze about 5-10.
The water was super clear from one end to other with visibility better than 15 feet!
About a dozen fishers were paving the deck on the end platform with 'keychain' spanish which were flashing on anything that moved in the pre-sunup light.
My first few casts with a white Looney Jig just got flashes and swirls until I let it drop deeper and caught three nice bluefish.
I switched over to a Speck Rig and landed double headers of mackerel on the next three casts.
WOOHOO! on like a chicken bone...
I had 14 spanish in the box before hooking this 14" FL pompano @ 7:30 am
DavidPompano.jpg

Then I soon topped off my limit (15) with one caught on a belly strip...

MoneyShot.jpg

Plenty of fun 'old school' fishing this morning!
It was great to get back on the pier again.
Saw many familiar faces and met some new ones even got to personally thank a few Vets!
All nice folks and many spanish macs were slayed by all.

Thank You Lord for putting it all there!!!

Thank you received: 69
User

I love Pier fishing...Too bad i'm land locked in Ohio.... 😔 . I love the fishing, the people you meet, the snack bars, the way the pier rocks with the waves, and there is no more beautiful place to be......My Parents have a condo in MB so i get down there 2 or 3 times a year. Spend most of the time on the Springmaid Pier, or pier 14, and sometimes the Cherry Grove Pier in North MB. I have also been fortunate enough to spend time on other beautiful piers...In Panama City ...St Andrews pier / Russell Fields Pier....Sunglow Pier in Daytona....And the Pier in Ft Myers. ... Seems like i mostly catch those little sharks, stingrays, starfish, and the occasional flounder.......If i lived by a pier, i would probably lose my job.... 🤒 . Please post more pier fishing reports, and pics.....