Need Help Choosing A Rod

Hi, everyone. This is my first post as a forum member. I always have trouble choosing a rod for given situations so I thought I'd call for some help. Here are the parameters.

1) It will be a dedicated bank fishing rod, mostly for use with a bobber and a minnow or nightcrawler.
2) It has to be light enough for panfish, but have enough backbone for the occasional bass.
3) I don't want to go any shorter than 6' but no taller than 6'6". Sometimes I fish at creeks with low hanging branches and with this style of fishing it's not like I need to make 40 yards casts.
4) I'd like for it to be able to handle braided line. I usually fish with mono but want to switch to braid with a fluoro leader because the memory coils on mono annoy me to no end.

The reason I'm putting so much though into it is because when I invest in gear, I want it to perform well and last as long as possible. And I like to get the most bang for my buck. Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
Thank you received: 69
User

What is your price range...? Sounds like Just about any Medium rod would work.. The first one that comes to mind would be a Berkley Lightning Rod... They have a more sensitive tip than most for the panfish, and plenty of backbone for the bigger stuff. They are on the lower end price wise..but still decent quality, with a nice cork split grip. I don't remember what the guides are made of...but if the braid does wear them out over time...the rod is cheap enough to replace ...Of course...spending more money opens up a ton of other options....but i'm not familiar with the real high end stuff.....
Thank you received: 2
User

Hey Jessica,

Thanks for the advice. And don't worry, I'm sure I'll be on here a tad more frequently than necessary lol